Attendance and Punctuality
- Pupils must be in school by 9am.
- Pupils who are continually late will be reported to the Principal and, if necessary, to the E.W.O.
- All absences must be explained either by a note signed by a parent or by a medical certificate.
Dress and Possessions
- Pupils are expected to wear school uniform every day and on official school trips.
- All clothing must be clearly marked with the owner's name.
- Outdoor coats etc. must be left in the cloakrooms or the peg areas assigned to each class.
- All pupils must have a school bag. Books should not be defaced in any way.
- Expensive toys, jewellery and valuables should not be brought to school.
- Money for meals, Fresh Fruit Snack etc. should be placed in an envelope with - name - amount - purpose - clearly labelled.
Permission to Leave School
- Permission to leave school for an appointment with a doctor, dentist, hospital or health centre will only be granted if the appointment card is shown to the teacher or Principal.
- Pupils who have to leave school for any other reason must bring a note to be excused.
- Pupils are not allowed to leave the school premises at break time. Only those who go home for lunch are permitted to leave at lunchtime.
- Parents taking children out of school during school hours must sign the children out.
Movement around the School
- No running is permitted inside the school.
- Pupils should enter the school at the Pupils' Entrance at the rear of the school or through Breakfast Club in the mornings. The Front Door is for Parents / Guardians and Visitors only.
- Once inside school in the morning, pupils must hang up their coats and bags in the cloakroom and then decide whether to stay in or go out until the bell rings.
- Pupils must walk quietly and respectfully on the left in the corridors and not run at any time, in single file to avoid congestion.
Before School - Break Time - Lunch Time - After School
- Pupils must play in the playground allocated to their particular class. All other areas are out of bounds, i.e. drive, gates, car park etc. Grass areas are only used when the weather permits.
- Bicycles are not to be ridden in the school grounds and must be left in the bicycle parking bay to the front of school.
- Pupils must keep off all fences and stairways.
- School bags must not obstruct doorways or stairways.
- Pupils with packed lunches must not bring drinks in glass bottles.
- Only pupils who have presented a note will be allowed to remain indoors during Break times.
- Pupils must endeavour to keep the school free of litter.
- Pupils involved in after-school activities must go home immediately when dismissed.
- Bus pupils must walk from class to the front of school via the Pupil Entrance at the rear unless directed otherwise e.g. Raining Days.
- A high standard of behaviour is expected from the pupils at all times.